Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Friday Night Lights the tv series

  1. #21
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    [ QUOTE ]
    I thought I would like the show but it lost my interest pretty quick.

    For me, it just wasn't very realistic for a story about high-school football. The production was too overdone. The stadium and games looked more like a college setting than high school.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    That is what Texas HS Football stadiums look like. Not saying all of them but if you are a big school you play in college like stadiums
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    Starbucks right. You'll have 30-50,000 fans at high school games in some Texas schools. They have their state championship games in Irving Stadium and do a good job packing folks in there.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    heres a site i found about Texas High School stadiums http://www.texasbob.com/football/
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  4. #24
    Inactive Member mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2006
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    I thought that Friday Night Lights was a very good show!

    It has potential!!
    Go Hokies!

  5. #25
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    ratings are very low. do you think what they are doing with Coach they are going to try to wind the series down?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Rebel05's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2006
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    I tried to watch it but couldn't because it had things on the show I didn't want to have to explain to my kids. . . It seems they can't seem to make decent TV shows anymore that aren't full of sex or sexual innuendos. . . [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
    "It's not bragging if you can back it up!"

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Mr.17.5's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2007
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    I actually enjoy it, albiet its over sensationalized, but it shows the problems teens can face nowadays.

    Its nothing close to the movie or the book, but it shows a relativley accurate portrayal of high school life.

    its hard to stay drug free, when georgia power wont give a ni**a lights free.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    I enjoy the show, its the only show besides South Park that I look forward to each week.
    Reeking of awesomeness!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •